Total Pageviews

Monday 6 December 2010

One 1/4 of the way there and a visit to the BBC!!!

Another early start this morning! I was ready and out of the house by 6.30am. As I approached my first kilometre I couldn't believe how cold it was, my thermal layers were working their magic but I'm sure my face had started to turn blue by the time I reached Leeds.  My legs were starting to feel heavy and as I approached 8 km, I was sure that I was going much slower than my previous runs but surprised to hear from my friendly voice over that I had completed it in 45 mins. I was pleased with my time, so I pushed myself a little bit more and managed to complete the run in just over 52 minutes and even though I struggled to get out of bed, I felt great for completing day 6 and realising I was a 1/4 of the way there! Wahoo!!

Later in the morning I had a appointment at BBC Yorkshire!!! My stomach was churning all the way there and waiting in reception with Harry & Christa's faces posted everywhere made me feel even more nervous. Katie at BBC Leeds was really nice and made me feel welcome and was so impressed with the challenge I set myself!  Soon after I met Dom the presenter and with only a 30 seconds introduction and no warning of what he was going to ask me I was live on air on Radio Leeds!!I should have the recording to add to my blog tomorrow.  I managed to say most of the things I wanted to say apart from telling him the person behind all the running helping me along my way was my dad but me and the people that are close to me know this. x
The important thing for the charity is that I made sure my charity sponsor site (www.virginmoneygiving.com/dianechapman) was given out on air. Since the broadcast I have an anonymous donation and also a very generous donation of £50 from someone called Tom, so whoever Tom is a massive thank you and I will be thinking of this and also an emotional call I have just taken from my Aunty Annette when I am back out on the road at 6.30 in the morning!!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! How amazing is that! It's so cool that you're getting sponsorship from people you don't even know as well... So many people have been inspired by what you're doing! And 1/6th of the way there! It's practically over now!!

    Looking forward to hearing you on Radio Leeds! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete