Total Pageviews

Tuesday 21 December 2010

Day 21-The shortest day+my quickest 10k+lunar eclipse!!

Day 21 started early in freezing temperatures. As you can see from my windscreen below it was extremely cold and very icy when I left the house, it definitely felt the coldest day so far, can it get any colder??? I hope not!!

I ran to work with my iphone lady talking to me on route and my tunes blasting into my ears to keep me feeling upbeat!!  I got half way down Geldard Road(nearly half way into work) and my iphone told me that it was pausing my work out. I knew it was someone ringing me and when I saw it was Chris(my husband), I was sure he was going to ask me where I had left something but no, I was wrong, he had called me to tell me there was a lunar eclipse and to look out for the moon and watch it while I was running. I could hardly talk back as my mouth and chin had just about frozen together but I found the moon straight away and it looked amazing.  I tried to take a picture of it but it's a bit disappointing as you can see below, I don't think I am going to win photographer of the year for that one. The moon is the top one, the circle below it was a light on a building. It was amazing to see it and made me glad I was out running to see it!!

I carried on running and was thinking of how Chris, my dad and brother would be as excited as me to see it!! I even shouted a man on a bike to tell him to look at it but he didn't seem interested, he was probably just thinking what is that crazy tango woman shouting at me?!!

Towards the end of my run to work, I always go through a tunnel on the A58, I have taken a picture of it below. It is the strangest feeling going through this tunnel, no matter how much or how little wind there is, it always feels like it is blowing a strong gale in the tunnel. As the cars fly past the other way, it is difficult to run and very noisy, when I reach the end of the tunnel, I feel half a stone lighter and the run a seems so much easier on my legs! You may think I am mad writing this bit and yes I am starting to think I am but you would understand what I meant if you were running through it!


I pushed on out of the tunnel and started running down whitehall road. When my iphone lady spoke to me and said I had run for 45 mins, I knew I was approaching my last 1km. I thought to myself I could  beat my fastest 10k?! So I dug deep and pressed the go faster button, I couldn't believe I still had that extra kick in me but I did! Must have been the glass of red wine I had last night!!    It was an amazing feeling at the end of my run when Paula Radcliffe's recorded voice talked to me through my iphone to say "Congratulations, you have just beaten your personal best and completed 10k in 50 minutes and 35 seconds!!". The competitive streak in me was mad for stopping to take pictures because I could have done it in 49 minutes something but I really was chuffed I had beaten my fastest run yet!  Here I am in Leeds City Square having completed my PB and feeling very pleased with myself because I have also hit £1800 in sponsors, this has to be my proudest achievement!!!

Bring on day 22 with a special friend following me on route to cheer me on, x

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the PB!

    I missed the looner jobby.. well it was cloudy in Wales.

    Keep u pthe good work,

    Martyn

    ReplyDelete