Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 December 2010

Day 11-Running on red bull!

Another different experience today!! The weather conditions were perfect for running, dry, no wind, and a much warmer 6C, it's just a shame my body wasn't in the same condition otherwise I am sure I would have got another festive challenge pb.

It was my first Xmas party last night and it started to go badly for my running when the pub we were in were selling double vodka's for £3.80 and a single for £5.20??? Then this morning when I woke up, running was the last thing I wanted to do. After an hour of trying to talk myself into it, I got myself out there, thinking about the children I was raising the money for. I set off and found it tough going for the first couple of kilometres then found my stride and actually started to feel so much better and was glad I made the effort to go early.  No soggy feet, no frozen cheeks, instead, nice blue sky, some warm sunshine and red bull wings to carry me round!!



I managed to complete the run in just over 53 minutes so I was proud of myself achieving the distance and the mileage when I had felt so bad when I first woke up!!

What has also made day 11 different is that I had a running partner with me. The only problem was he was on the other side of the world. My brother ran 10k to support my cause in the southerly most city in the WORLD!!!It beats running in Batley!!



Even though he wasn't running by my side, I was thinking about him when I was out this morning, hoping that he was running in sync with me!! Here is a picture of him tackling one of the many hills in Argentina!


Well done and thank you David, you did great considering you were on holiday and had also consumed an awful lot of red wine and steak!! Looking forward to hearing about your running experience only 700 miles from the Antartic when you return!Enjoy the rest of your holiday and bring a penguin home for us, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment