Total Pageviews

Sunday 12 December 2010

Day 12-Half way home!

There were two reasons today why I really enjoyed my run, one because I had a running partner( my husband Chris) by my side and the other because I have hit the half way point for my challenge.

 It was a tough run for both of us, as you can see from Chris's finishing pic, he he!!Not sure it helped his dodgy back but he definitely helped me along, x


The pic below was an hour after he had recovered!!!


 It was a tough run for us both because we had a difficult time last night with our son, Noah. He had a disturbing night due to a very high temperature so we were both a little tired this morning!!  In part of the night, we were both seriously worried about Noah but thankfully, when he woke this morning he was 100% better. It did however, make me think about all the children and their families in Martin House that probably have the same kind of night every night. It made me realise how lucky we are to have a healthy son and family and how important it is to raise as much money as I can to make the lives of those poorly children more comfortable.  If you haven't sponsored me, please log into www.virginmoneygiving.com/dianechapman or catch my running bug and get out there helping all the great charities that need our help!!  
I finished the run today and my day, feeling really pleased that I had reached the half way point of my challenge. Can I do it all again??? Yes of course I can, with the fantastic support I have got from my family and friends and knowing that I am raising so much money, I am ready for it, bring it on with any willing running/cycling partners!!! Let's just hope the weather is kinder to me in the other half of my challenge!!!


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Noah was better this morning... well done Chris for keeping up with you! I liked his comment on facebook about hoping for a sub-42!! Yeah right Chris... in fact, all this 'big man talk'... where's his challenge?!
    I challenge you Chris... how about running every day of Lent?! the gauntlet has been laid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, i just want to congratulate you for reaching half way. I'm sure lots of people are looking on with admiration but with respect, perhaps only runners will fully appreciate how testing a challenge this is. Running 10k every day for 24 days no matter what the weather and no matter how you are feeling is an arduous task. Knowing you as i do i know that once you set your mind to something you do it. Your strength of character and will power is astounding and when you look back at what you have done on Christmas Day you should be very proud of yourself and the money you have raised for Martin House. It was good to run with you today and i will look forward to running with you next weekend. Love C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mags... i don't think you fully read the facebook post, read it again! I can't do that during lent anyway because i'm a catholic!!! :-) hehehe.

    ReplyDelete