Total Pageviews

Thursday 2 December 2010

Day 2-Blizzard conditions but £1000 raised!!

Day 2 complete only 22 more to go!!! The best news of today is that I have managed to raise £1000 for Martin's House Children's Hospice from all my generous friends and family, wahooo.

I started the day reading a lovely message from my friend Maggie, who motivated me to get out of bed to run to work. Today was much harder than yesterday, much colder and blizzard conditions for 20 minutes of my run! I would have taken a picture but it was far too cold to get my phone out!! I also had my bag packed with my walking boots, in case I got stranded on the way home so I felt like a true army cadet!! Thankfully, the buses were working so I got a lift by public transport. This in itself is funny because it took me an hour to get home but I ran to work this morning in 59mins!! Maybe I could set a trend with a new form of transport getting to work, your running shoes!! It's cheaper, better on the enviroment and better for your health(but that's debatable in my case!!).

I also had my story published in the Yorkshire Evening Post today,  I never thought I would make it as a page 3 girl but my picture was there today!! I have also attached a link to the website where they added my picture.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/Mum39s-10k-Santa-challenge.6647279.jp

Bring on day 3!!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Running to work is clearly the way forward, especially when it's quicker even than the bus! I am thinking though that I'd like you to run a little faster please... I think that my guess for your overall time was 16 hours! You've got a few minutes to make up missy! ;-)

    Well done on the Evening Post... absoutely fantastic! Mik's forwarded me the pictures... and who'd have thought it, a page 3 girl! I'm impressed! Here's hoping the conditions tomorrow are a little less blizzard-esque!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha not sure I can do it in the 16 hours Maggie unless I attach some roller skates or maybe ski's in this weather but think this might be cheating!!x

    ReplyDelete