Total Pageviews

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Day 22-With help from my amazing Grace!!

Day 22 started very early again but this time when my alarm beeped, I had no arguments with myself about getting out of bed. I got up straight away because I knew my friend Grace was going to support me on my run. She was originally going to ride on her bike but the ground was still far too slippy to be cycling.   When she came to my door, she said" it is a little warmer today". At first I thought, this cannot be true because I could still see the thick crusty snow/ice but as I got outside it was noticably warmer, yeah the weather was going to be kinder to my face!! We both put our Santa hats on to get into the Xmas spirit!! This is me and Grace just before I set off.



I started with a lovely cuddle and boost of motivation from Grace. I headed off and at about 1km she was there at the side of her car shouting and clapping for me.
Grace stopped at a number of points along the route and each time she was cheering and clapping for me. When I ran past the Leeds United ground, I thought to myself I know she is a really good friend of mine but I don't think she could bring herself to be stood outside Elland Road cheering!!! I don't blame her though because I don't think I would have done it for her if it had been Bradford City !!

I have found a number of these early morning runs to be freezing, dark and very lonely, therefore,  to see a friendly face cheering me on at so many points was an amazing boost for me and made the run so much more enjoyable! This is a pic Grace took of me on route!



I knew I was running at a good pace when my iphone lady told me I had been running for 30 mins and I had completed 6km. I saw Grace again just less than a 1km to go, I told her I was on route for a fast pace and again she jumped and cheered for me. I can't imagine what people thought if they saw us but I don't care, we are doing it for a fantastic cause and it felt great when I had finished the run in 49 mins and 10 seconds and saw Grace waiting for me at Leeds train station!! She was the best personal trainer anyone could have on a dark and cold morning, thank you Grace, x

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing time! Love Grace's cheerleading skills too! Only 2 days to go! COME ON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great friend and so glad you had someone there cheering you on. Sending lots of positive energy and thoughts your way across the big pond for your last two runs!!! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you to both of you for your lovely messages!!only two days to go
    now ,I'm sure my legs can hold out now!!!x

    ReplyDelete