Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Day 15-Single numbers all the way to Xmas, ho ho ho!

Not much to report from my run today, the highlight was completing a fantastic 150km in 15 days and knowing I only have 9 more until I have completed my challenge. I can then tuck into my Christmas dinner knowing my friends and family have raised a fantastic amount of money for Martin House.   My total amount of sponsors is still increasing which is fantastic and this is helping me get out and run the 10k each day.

One great thing about running is the more you run the more you can eat!! It's great, if you love your food(particularly naughty treats like me) then I recommend running. Everyone keeps asking if I am loosing weight, which I am not but I am not gaining any weight either on the run up to Xmas and I am letting myself eat lots of treats knowing that I will burn the calories the following day!!  For those of you who like facts, I have burnt 9717 calories in 15 days just by running!!! How many pieces of cheesecake is that???

Also, for anyone who entered the competition to guess my overall finishing time, to give you an idea of my progress, my current recording is 13hours and 46 mins in 15 days. Sorry Maggie, Lisa and Linda who had very high expectations of me, I don't think you will be winning any prizes!!   I will post my overall time in the last few days so that you can keep a check to find out if you are going to be a winner!!

1 comment:

  1. Based on the average slice of baked New York cheesecake, approximately 24 slices!! tee hee!!

    I can't believe you're not going to complete it in 16 hours!!! Maybe you should do the same thing again next year, but make your target 10k a day and no more than 16 hours total! I'll carry my guess over until then! ;-)

    Congrats for hitting single figures! x

    ReplyDelete