Total Pageviews

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Day 13 & Day 14- Two completely different runs!

If you are following my blog closely, you will have noticed I didn't complete my blog for day 13. Do not worry, I did complete day 13 run but it was definitely an unlucky day for me. I ran to work early and felt reasonably well considering my legs had already carried me 120km so far and I actually enjoyed running on the paths to work. This was the first run to work where the paths had been free of ice or snow, it was actually a bit weird!! Anyway, I got to work and it started to go down hill, I had a shower and the water was cold and I just couldn't warm up no matter how many tea's I had with friendly colleagues! I started to get really tired as the day went on. I tried everything to try and boost my energy, eating nuts, chocolate, crisps, biscuits you name it, I had it, I even bought a can of coke and I rarely drink pop!! Nothing really made a difference until my bed at 9pm!!

Today, day 14,  I woke up before my alarm and was having a little argument with myself about getting out of bed. I read my friends blog (The magathon) and I was inspired by her and her friends efforts and knew I had to get out there and get running and I would feel better. As I was getting ready, I decided to get over my "off" day yesterday, I needed to set myself a challenge. So I set my GPS to challenge me to beat my fastest 10k festive challenge and oh did it work!! I was too busy trying to keep my pace at each kilometre to even think about completing 10!! When I arrived at 10k and Lance Armstrong spoke to me(through my nikeplus app, unfortunately not in person) and told me I had beaten my pb for 10k and I had been sent a gold medal on my iphone, it was the best feeling in the world and I wanted to turn round and do it again!!







So if you ever need a little motivation on a difficult day, challenge yourself to a realistic target and I guarantee it will push you and make you feel on top of the world!! Sorry I couldn't find any pictures of Lance with clothes on!x

I am so looking forward to the weekend, I only have a couple more days to get through on my own then  I have some friends joining me to help support me on the way, watch out for the pics! They are worried how tough it is going to be for them but they will be fine and they don't realise how much they are going to lift me, thank you girls :)

1 comment:

  1. Love your choice of picture... shame he didn't actually appear looking like that! Well done for, not only getting out there and, completing your run, but also for breaking your pb! Thanks for the mention too... glad I could repay a motivational favour! Enjoy your rubs this week... hope i don't slow you down too much when it's my turn! :-)

    ReplyDelete