Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 December 2010

Day 23- My last daylight run in normal clothes!!

The end is drawing near, I have run 230km, wait, I have to write it again because I can't really believe I have done it, 230km!!! This also means I am nearly at the end of my "festive runs for a good claus" blogging!! Even though it has been a very tough challenge and has tested my willpower a lot, I have enjoyed a lot of my running and the blogs I have written. I am therefore a little bit sad that it is coming to an end although I think my body and legs are grateful for a rest!!

Today, I set off running in the light, which was a luxury for me but it was still minus something!! My brother sent me a lovely motivational note today and also told me that in Leeds the average morning temperature had been -2 for December and has been one of the coldest December's recorded. When I set my challenge, I knew I was probably going to experience some bad weather conditions but I am not sure I signed up for it being so cold, icy and snowy but it has added to the fun and to be honest, it beats the wind and the rain!!

But I cannot complain about the weather because when I set this challenge, I was determined to do it no matter what the weather through at me. The reason, for the families and children at Martin House Children's Hospice. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have a poorly child at Xmas or at any time of year and I am lucky to have such a healthy and beautiful little boy and nieces. I decided to try and spread a bit of xmas cheer and spirit and at the same time raise as much money as I could for Martin House. I set off with a £500 target in mind and would have been really pleased if I had managed to raise this amount. But I am honestly overwhelmed by the generosity of people and I have managed to raise £1893 and it is still increasing!  Thank you to EVERYONE, you have done a fantastic thing for Martin House and helped me through every step of 240km!




I completed a local run today and decided to wear my Xmas hat again. There were a lot of people on the roads, rushing about getting their final bits of shopping but what really surprised me was that I didn't get any beeps or waves from anyone :( This, I was disappointed about because my legs were feeling very heavy (no PB's today!) and I could have done with a little boost but no nothing from anyone! We do have a miserable nation sometimes!! If you ever see a person as crazy as me, running with a xmas hat or any other costume( or running gear) then give them a little beep because you just don't know how hard it might have been for that person to get out and run and it's the best feeling when someone gives you an acknowledgement boost!!

Tomorrow, should be different because I am sure if there is anyone out on the streets at midnight, they will cheer me along(I hope). For those of you that don't live in Birstall, raise a glass to me around midnight as I finish my final run with Chris who has been a massive support to me throughout this challenge and I couldn't have done it without his support and ears!!! I just hope this isn't how I look at midnight tomorrow!!xx

4 comments:

  1. All the very best for tomorrow Diane and sending Christmas wishes your way to you and your lovely family :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicola and a massive thankuuuuuuu for your generous donation, that is so kind. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and I will raise a glass to you when I have finished. Also a big thank you for all your supportive comments along the way, it means a lot. Happy Christmas to you too and enjoy the magic with your family and I hope Santa is good to you all, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky but true! According to google maps! Where I am in Biggleswade, near Stevenage to your house in Birstal is 240km away! You'll have run that distance by the end of tomorrow! Hopefully I'll drive up a little quicker!!!!!
    Good luck Diane (and Chris). Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Diane... impressed as always... If I'd have seen you, I'd have given an extra massive beep and wave! Good luck with your last run tomorrow... be careful not to leave Chris behind!!

    PS... did you choose the picture above because it looks like your son??!! ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete