Total Pageviews

Thursday 9 December 2010

Day 9-Got my mojo back!!!

At the end of day 8, my body was starting to feel it! My husband cooked me a lovely plate of pasta so I overloaded on carbs then had an early appointment with my bed at 9:30pm.   Day 9 therefore started much easier and I cheated slightly!  Each time I run into work, my first mile and half is up a steep incline and due to the tough day I had yesterday, I decided to drive to the top of the hill and start my run from the highest point of my route, I obviously still completed 10k but had one less hill and I also got chance to run around one of my favourite sporting grounds!!! Can anyone see where I was? Very dark but you can just see the sign in the background!
I blew a kiss to Billy Bremner and from here, I only had 3km to go.  When I reached work in 51 mins 26 seconds, I was on a high and felt like I could do it again but no, needed to save my energy for tomorrow!! The extra sleep and pasta definitely paid off!!

Looking forward to running the next few days at a more reasonable time of day and in the daylight, night!x

4 comments:

  1. Yes it was a particularly nice pasta dish... thank you. Well done on your PB so far in the challenge and yes it will be more of a reasonable time if you are running with me on Sunday... hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still ploughing on...good stuff!!! The pic is dark, but yeh can make out the badge...at first I thought you meant you got to run around the pitch?? But I think you got close enough!!
    Keep goin...your on the verge of becoming a fully fledged athlete...I still have flasbacks when you zoomed past me at the Great North Run!!!

    Cant believe how much you've raised!!! Hope to run with you next week!! x

    Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Di... an amazing amount of money raised, and you've not even finished yet! Not sure about your choice of sporting grounds... perhaps I can show you a better one when you run with me in Manchester in a couple of weeks!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your support guys it means alot and I'm looking forward to having your company for a couple of runs to help keep me going!!x

    ReplyDelete