Total Pageviews

Friday 10 December 2010

Day 10-Heat wave and soggy feet

Friday's are my day off work, therefore, I had the luxury of staying in bed until 6.45am when my son, Noah came into my room saying is it morning yet mummy??  Even though it was still early, it was still nice to lay in bed for a while and not have to rush getting ready at ridiculous o'clock to get out running before work!!! I took him to school and stayed at school for a couple of hours to help out in the library. The teachers are lovely at Noah's school and both them and parents of Noah's friends have been very supportive to my challenge. My sponsor form now has a place in the teachers staff room, fingers crossed for more sponsors!!
I left school and started my run from the school gates full of motivation following the generous donations. I headed towards Batley park and even though the temp was 6C and felt like a heat wave compared to the temperatures of all my other runs, Batley Park lake was still frozen over and the poor ducks looked like they were fed up of the crazy weather we have been having. Chris says I might have cheered them up seeing a crazy orange woman running through the slush!


I followed the road uphill to Oakwell Hall. As I was running, I could feel my feet getting wetter each step I took. It was like I was running in a constant stream of water from all the snow that had melted. I then hit a problem!!! I arrived in Oakwell Hall after clocking up 6km, I ran a tough route around Oakwell Hall through soggy paths and then ran back down Bradford Road. I kept thinking I must have hit 7km by now, it just didn't seem right, I ran a little further and decided to check my iphone. I then realised my sensor had stopped working on 6.22km, damn it, the last km had just been for fun and hadn't recorded any distance, I presume it was due to my very soggy feet!!!  I carried on running and by the time I did reach my 10km my feet must have soaked up a pint of water in each trainer!! urkkk , I felt like a kid again with my soggy trainers and muck up my legs!!The positive out of today's run is that I ran further than I should have so tomorrow's run should be a doddle!!


All cleaned up and had my third photo shoot with the newspaper. This time the Birstall and Batley news wanted me to lay in the bit of mucky snow that is left on our street in my Santa's suit, can't wait to see how great I look in those!!  Exciting day tomorrow because my brother will be running 10k in the southern most city in the world in sync with me in Batley!! Haha Look out for the photo's, I will also be finding out if alcohol works with running because it's my first Xmas drinking session tonight :) ??

3 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to those photos. Also looking forward to hearing how you cope with alcohol and running... obviously not at the same time! Well, I suppose you could!! Hope you don't get a hangover (drink milk thistle apparently!) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl!!! You're doing amazing and definitely have earned some drinks tonight. I will have one in your honour too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicola and Maggie,not got any milk thistle in though!not feeling the best this morning,could do with finding a look a like to go running for me!!haha!!

    ReplyDelete