Total Pageviews

Wednesday 1 December 2010

1st day of advent which was full of excitement and challenges for everyone!

What a day!!! I was laid awake at 4.30am worrying what the weather was going to be like but at the same time eager to get out running and complete my first 10k. I got up at 6.15 and was out of the door with a number of thermal layers on at 6.30am on my way to work in Leeds. The first mile was tough going, lots of snow and a big hill to tackle. Soon as I got to the top it seemed a little easier and managed to complete 10k in 55mins and although alot of the run was down hill, I was really pleased with the time considering the weather.  I now feel I am ready for any weather that is thrown at me!!

At 9.30, I got a call from the Yorkshire Evening Post and they arranged to come to work to take pics of me at work. They then asked me to go to a park nearby in the snow in my Santa suit that has been customised by a close friend who I am very greatful, thank you Mik. The YEP photographer was accompanied with a photographer from the national press so maybe I will be in the daily express later in the week!! The downside of being photographed in the park was that they had be running in the park and kicking the snow which meant I must have run an extra couple of kilometres and with the walk home from work today ,means it's been a tough first day for me!

At 11am today, I was on the Pulse radio and have been on every hour since!!!   Even though the snow looked very pretty, the downside is it has caused lots of problems for people travelling too and from work and I just hope my work colleagues and friends have got home safe and are now safe with their families,xx   Resting my legs now while my supportive husband is making my tea before my next arctic run tomorrow, I wonder if tomorrow will be as exciting?? Bring it on!!

What out in the Yorkshire Evening Post tomorrow night!!

5 comments:

  1. Well done Di... a brilliant first day with a really good time as well... especially considering the weather! You have put me to shame... I was supposed to go for a run today but ended up staying at work too long so only managed a walk with Doris... good job I don't have the press following me!

    Fab interview by the way! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe Diane! I think you're doing an absolutely fantastic challenge and knowing what it is like to be out in the frigid temperatures you are experiencing over there at the moment, my hat is off to you. Being outside in those temperatures is bad enough, let alone running in them! Good luck tomorrow and I hope it warms up a little for you and snow stops falling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanku Maggie and Nicola, I'm hoping for it to thaw a bit so it isn't as heavy going tomorrow!!Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the 2nd run went well too and all those thermal layers are doing their job! Keep moving at work, don't let your legs seize up! Well done, i admire your dedication! love c xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start Di, keep up the good work. xx

    ReplyDelete