Total Pageviews

Saturday 18 December 2010

Day 18-The snow was the uninvited visitor today!!!

Day 18 started with disappointment. When I woke up to a blanket of snow and skidded all the way to the hairdressers in my car at 8am, I knew Jill and Leanne would not be able to come over from Bradford to join me on day 18. We have been looking forward to it all week, Jill and Leanne had the deely boppers and two pair of fresh legs ready!! And I had the Christmas tunes and some relatively flat routes planned but the snow, spoiled the fun!! I know they both feel bad but unfortunately, we can't control the weather  and I had them on my shoulder the whole way round helping me along. Thank you for saying you would come and support me, it did mean a lot to me!!

Chris therefore stepped into help. After standing in the freezing cold for over an hour putting xmas lights on the house, I talked myself out of going running until I could feel my fingers again!! Even though I could tell Chris didn't really want to fight the freeze, he said he would come and join me to help me along. And oh it was cold but you can see that he is smiling in the pic,  I think as soon as he made that smile, he was stuck with it for the whole run because his face had frozen in that position!!



As you can see, as hard and cold as the run was, the scenery was actually quite pretty, that's the snowy hills not the tango girl!


I once again felt really good and pleased with myself that I had completed another run. It was so difficult to get out of the house but then when we got out (Chris might say different!!) we both enjoyed it!! Tomorrow, I need to tell myself not to have the same argument and just get myself out there and do it!!!

Here is confirmation that we did complete the run in the very cold and tough conditions and that I have now clocked up 180km , only 6 more to , that's less than a week, yipeeeee!!!!

Check the pic below, I think I need to go buy some Daz , my trainers are looking a bit poorly next to the nice clean snow, they were white once!!! They have certainly taken a battering with the distance the weather conditions!!



Due to the weather conditions, we also missed out on sampling a few mulled wines and roast pork and apple sandwich at the manchester xmas market with some good friends :( !!! This also means my running partner for tomorrow has been cancelled. Maggiee (blog- magathon) who lives in Manchester has still suggested we run together across the pennines and take pictures for each others blog, so watch out for the story tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm still up for that virtual at the same time run! I can see the tagline now... two runners... two different counties... across the pennines... only running could connect them!!
    Sad you missed out on Christmas market pork sarnies though :-(
    Well done on your run today... those conditions weren't kind! x

    ReplyDelete