Total Pageviews

Sunday 5 December 2010

Day 5- Santa's on the run & and a cheetah dressed as a reindeer!

Started the day with an early 2.2km warm up run around the white rose centre with Noah the reindeer, Chris as Mr Claus, me as Mrs Claus and lots of other Santa's!! We met the lovely people at Martin House Children's Hospice that do such fantastic work raising money for the charity and their Mascot, Marty. There were also a number of people with pictures of children they were running for on their backs which made it a very emotional experience and makes every centimetre of my 240kilometres worthwhile!!!   Here is a picture of Noah the reindeer and me and Marty!


Here are all the santa's ready to start after the warm up session!! The REAL santa claus started the race so Noah was very excited!!



Reindeer on the run!

Think it got a bit too much at one point!! 


Mr and Mrs Claus were very proud of our little reindeer, he was sprinting around at such a pace, we couldn't keep up with him. I think he enjoyed his first race experience, let's hope he catches the bug in a few years!!
The three festive finishers!!


But that wasn't the end of my running . After visiting my mum's and finding out that I had got more generous sponsors from my family (and a welcomed homemade lasagne & stew to take home) I left Chris and Noah to drive back and I ran the 10km home. It took me an hour to motivate myself to leave the warm house but as soon as I was out on the road it felt good. I decided to give myself a bit of an easier time because my legs were feeling a tad heavy and stuck to the main road instead of the snowy paths and finished the run in 56mins and 52 seconds. 5 down, 19 more to go, it feels good knowing I have left the twenty numbers behind!!! 
I have managed to supplement my sponsor money from proceeds of a xmas stall me and my friend, Candice had last Saturday. A massive thank you has to go to her for being so generous and topping up the charity money and a big well done and thank you to Noah and Chris for completing the Santa Run with me. 
Listen out on Radio Leeds tomorrow for my live broadcast, fingers crossed it will attract more support for the cause!x


1 comment:

  1. Noah looks absolutely fantastic! I love his little painted face as well! Well done to him and you today!... hope you enjoyed that lasagne! :-) x

    ReplyDelete