Total Pageviews

Tuesday 7 December 2010

Day 7- The longest amount of running I have ever done in a week!

I set off on my 7th day leaving my husband, mum and noah all still asleep. There was still a lot of snow/ice on the paths, I therefore decided to do most of the running on the roads and stayed off the slippery paths! I took my husbands advice of completing a local run around the block but had to run a couple of laps to ensure that I clocked 10k!! This I did not enjoy, I think it works for some people but not me. When I had passed one point at 2k, I knew I still had to run past this point again to be anywhere near my 10k!! I think this played on my mind from the start of the run and it seemed to take a long time before I got to 5k and I have not felt like this on one of my runs before. It was such a relief when I got to 9k and I knew I was nearly home with no more laps!! Tomorrow, I am running in one direction to work and I am looking forward to leaving the laps behind!! How can two runs measuring the same distance seem so different  in length???  

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree... it's crazy isn't it, but it seems so much harder. I try and avoid races now where there are double laps; I've wanted to try Oldham Park Run for a while, but apparently that's a 3 lap course so I've stuck to Heaton Park so far.

    Definitely stick with the one loop or one direction (not the boy band on X-Factor!). x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...the doing laps must be a bit boring for ya. Over a week into it now...a good chunk done. Ill have to join up with you soon (may have to get some practice runs in 1st tho).

    Doing great Di, all proud of ya xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanku,yep definitely need someone to run with soon, it is definitely getting tougher!!don't worry about practice because I'm definitely getting slower,join me anytime !Chris is going to do one with me ,grace/Katie and Candice at some point on their bikes and a couple in Manchester with mags and anyone else out there who wants to help me on my way,let me know.David is also going to do one in sync with me on Saturday morning in the most southern point of his south American trip!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps mags don't take the pee out of one direction,they are noahs favourites!!Def think you shud stay away from the Oldham 3 lap race,that wud be a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooops... sorry Noah! The girls at school are obviously all completely lusting after them... I think ALL of them will be voting on Saturday!

    You coming over to Manchester to run with club tomorrow? What's your weather like now?

    Oooh... and Lazy Girl Running has written about you in her blog today... really complimentary... obviously! Keep up the good work Di, you're doing great xxx

    ReplyDelete