Total Pageviews

Friday 3 December 2010

Day 3- In daylight!!

Day 3 complete and 30km recorded!! It was very cold this morning. My phone was telling me it was -16 at 7am but I'm not sure if this was a malfunction or whether it really was! First I walked my son Noah to school who had a late starting time due to the bad conditions.  One of Noah's lovely teachers showed me a board where they had stuck a clipping of me from the Birstall newspaper and Noah had written a sticky note saying "I am proud of my mum because she is very kind". The teacher also said she had put some money aside for my sponsor. I was very touched by this and gave Noah a big kiss and cuddle and off I went on my journey for day 3, full of motivation!

I started off with the same big hill I reach when I leave my house and headed for a local park Oakwell Hall. Even though it was tough going on my feet ankles and cheeks!! It was a much more enjoyable run because it was daylight and the views were amazing.  Some of the ground was fairly uneven and steep but it was very rewarding, here is a picture of me at the highest point of my run!!

I was really pleased with my overall time considering I stopped for photo's and bad conditions underfoot-59mins 5 seconds, total duration is 2hours 53 minutes and 38 seconds.

When I returned home, Chris (my husband), told me that Radio Leeds had called and wanted to do an interview with me.  I have since arranged to go to BBC Yorkshire on Monday morning at 10am to do a live broadcast at around 10.10 s listen out for a yorkshire lass who talks too quick!!! All great for promoting my run and hopefully getting more sponsors!!!

2 comments:

  1. brill, brill, brill, brill, brill! That's all I have to say!

    ... oh and I love your pic... great view! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember that run you did with me and we ran up alot of steps to get to the top, that's the view, it is damn hard to get to the top but it is so worth it for the view!xx

    ReplyDelete